Here are two helpful resources for artists (freelance musicians) impacted by this difficult economic time:
Artist Relief is a grant for artists facing dire financial emergencies. Here’s the criteria for eligibility, from their site, ArtistRelief.org:
- Practicing artists able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to their work, careers, and a public audience
- Experiencing dire financial emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- 21-years of age or older
- Provide a W9 and SSN or individual taxpayer identification number–information collected after you’re notified of your selection
- Residing and working in the U.S. for the last two years
- Not a full-time employee, board member, director, officer, or immediate family member of any of the coalition partners
- Not previously awarded a relief grant from this fund.
Covid-19 Cultural Resources (this one’s Utah specific)
On this page, Covid-19 cultural resources, scroll to the bottom and find the list, “Resources for Individual Artists and Creative Workers”. There you will find links to everything from unemployment insurance, stipends, impact surveys, and more. Hopefully, you can find something in there that’s helpful during this difficult time!